Sunday, August 9, 2009

Why I love shoppers drug mart so much!

Simple $200 of free product is sure to make any beauty addict over the moon with joy. I have been squirreling away my points now for about a year. Previous to cashing in my points I had 82,706 only 1690 away to become and optimum plus member whatever that means. (I researched what it is and what it means a person that earns 10, 000 regular points over one calendar year. They enjoy additional benefits of even more special point’s redemption events and more bonus point’s events.)

For those not in the know this weekend is shoppers spend your point’s event cash in 40,000 points get $100 vs. normally $75 cash in points 75,000 get $200 vs. $150 normally.

So here is what I got with my $200:
· Makeup Forever HD foundation (I have less then ½ a bottle left love this)
· Makeup Forever Face and Body foundation (I finished a bottle sometime ago and didn’t repurchase but I love this stuff especially in summer more coverage then a tinted moisturizer but feels just as light)
· Makeup Forever Mat Velvet foundation (this is new to me I want to give it a try in the fall heard raves on it and I do love there foundation so worth a try)
· Makeup Forever Smokey lash Aqua (this is also new to me tried it yesterday need to use it a few more times to give a proper review)
· Makeup forever Mat Bronzer (I tried this yesterday as well for the first time but safe to say I am in love with it)
· Gosh Lip Gloss 0068 ( I think this is a great dupe for NARS Turkish delight at least that is what I keep telling myself)
· Finally a bottle of Fiji Water as the cashier told me, I had $1 left to hit $200.

I have been a shoppers drug mart fan since they launched the points program which I believe was sometime in the early 1990’s just around the time I first started wearing makeup.

So here are some tips on racking up your points the fastest:
· Wait to purchase you regular day to day items tell they have a 20X the points event which seems to be at least once every 6 weeks or so (I am guessing). You do need to spend a minimum of between $50 and $75 it is generally on cosmetics or beauty related products which is a wide variety of things.
· Buy life brand and Quo products they are less expensive store branded product and very often they have 10-15 x points when you purchase only $25.
· Follow the shoppers flyers I check them ever week online to see where I can be getting extra points on day to day items.
· Be smart don’t cash in those points early wait until you have a good amount and there is an event to get even more free stuff!

If you’re wondering what stores carry Make Up Forever the shopper’s site has an awesome tool to find stores with a beauty boutique and the exact brand you’re looking for. I go to the beauty boutique at 125 The Queensway which is pretty close to where I live.

I really feel like the Optimum points program is a win, win for the consumer and for shoppers in building brand loyalty. I know I rarely stray from purchasing elsewhere because of the program.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I wanted to leave you a coment to say that you have the coolest blog ! Great pictures and you write really interesting posts. Thanks so much for sharing it and best wishes - have a great week...

    ReplyDelete